Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shooting from the Hip

First, I decided I wanted to make a bag of some sort. Next, I decided I wanted to combine this houndstooth pattern with the fun bright red floral fabric. Finally, I decided there would be no waiting to find a pattern. I'm not sure I would attempt this again without a little more forethought, but I think it turned out reasonably well for my first totally pattern-free adventure. I used a slightly stiff plain fabric for the lining to help the bag maintain some semblance of a shape. It is a little slouchy, but that is okay.

Here it is:

And again (I topstitched the floral flap):

Inside of the bag (I made the lining a little bigger so I could fold it over to finish the edge of the houndstooth fabric):

No comments:

Post a Comment