Sunday, June 27, 2010

Something new for something old

Green is one of my favorite colors. I love kelly green, but I also really like this particular shade of green. I don't know how to describe it - it is lighter than olive, and almost has more of a sage tone in person (the picture isn't 100% accurate). I'm always attracted to beads in that general color family, so I had to buy this stretch sateen material when I saw it. I knew I had plenty of accessories to pair with this not quite olive, not quite sage color.

I made a skirt out of that fabric today. I didn't take a photo of the whole thing because it is a basic pencil skirt - nothing too exciting to look at. I made the necklace about 6 months ago, but I've never worn it. It has the green beads, black lava beads, and beads that are a mix of grey, black, and green. I put the beads together with a bunch of wrapped loops and added a few little coordinating dangles. Anyway - it looks like I've got a match!

skirtnecklace-green

No comments:

Post a Comment